Work in groups to take on the role of expedition planners for an E/V Nautilus expedition. Each student or team will choose one expedition card with a map and pertinent expedition budget factors. Use provided information to plan an efficient route and calculate expenses (multiplication, rates) according to their staffing and mission planning decisions.
Objectives & learning outcomes
- measure and calculate the distance between two points using a scale and basic units of conversion.
- use provided equations to calculate various expedition costs.
- calculate percentages within budget categories.
- represent their budget in a graph and/or chart form.
- gain a basic understanding of the roles of expedition team members.