Bring the excitement of deep-sea exploration LIVE to your classroom, science center, museum, aquarium, or community event. Live ship-to-shore interactions with E/V Nautilus allow students to engage in a unique two-way, live dialogue with the educators, scientists, and engineers of the Corps of Exploration. Live interactions are available free to classroom and community events audiences. All live interactions are pre-scheduled to match your teaching schedule.
Ship-to-shore interactions are conducted using Zoom or Google Meet and last 30 minutes with time for an expedition update and audience-led Q&A about careers, discoveries, or the exploration process. Interactions are not broadcast publicly to allow for a more personal connection with our science and engineering team but can include multiple classrooms or virtual logins. Schedule a program in English or in 'Ōlelo Hawaiʻi!
Interactions are available daily from May 16 - December 19, 2023
- Internet connection (with enough bandwidth to load a video without buffering)
- Zoom or a Google Chrome browser to run Google Meet
- Projector/screen or display plan (for the incoming video from presenters at sea)
- Speakers (for incoming audio from presenters)
- Microphone (internal to computer or external)