Your artwork could go on an ocean adventure aboard Exploration Vessel Nautilus!
Students ages five to eighteen (5-18) can submit original artwork to be considered for the official Nautilus Expedition Season Patch and Sticker. The patch and sticker will be worn and displayed by members of the Corps of Exploration during our annual exploration cruises and represent the expedition season for the team.
Win a prize pack of patches and stickers if your design is selected.
Your patch design should include “E/V Nautilus”, “2022”, and “Pacific Ocean”, and one or more of our 2022 exploration themes:
- Exploration: Did you know 95% of the ocean still remains unexplored!?
- Science: geology, marine biology, or chemistry
- Technology: the ship Nautilus, ROVs Hercules, Argus, Little Hercules & Atalanta, or multibeam mapping sonar
- Exploring all ocean depths from the shore to the abyss
- Role modeling for careers in science, technology, engineering, math, the arts, and maritime fields with a diverse team of explorers.
In 2022, the Corps of Exploration will explore the Central Pacific Ocean around Hawaiʻi, Baker and Howland Islands, Palmyra Atoll, and Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument.
Designs must be submitted by December 31, 2021. Print the Patch Design Circle or create a design digitally within a 7in circle to get started!
Past Contest Winners & Official E/V Nautilus Expedition Patches
2021 - Elissa Ornelas
2020 - Amber Boothby
2019 - Mihaila Owen
2018 - Bella Miller
2017 - Sintayehu Shannon
2016 - Gustopher Miller
2015 - Wan Lok Yiu
2014 - Krisheree Shimamoto
2013 - Catherine Tadlock
2012 - Madeline Gates
2011 - Emma Tarpley