Bring the excitement of deep sea exploration LIVE to your classroom, science center, museum, aquarium, or community event. Live ship-to-shore interactions with E/V Nautilus allow students and community groups to engage in a unique two-way, live dialogue with the educators, scientists, and engineers of the Corps of Exploration. Live interactions are available free to classroom and community audiences.
Ship-to-shore interactions are conducted using Google Meet. Connections last 20 - 30 minutes, depending on the venue’s preference. These are not broadcast publicly on our website, allowing for a more personal question and answer-style talk with our science and engineering team onboard. All interactions must be requested and scheduled through the 2020 Interaction Request Form (available in June). After the form is submitted, a member of the Ocean Exploration Trust team will be in touch with a confirmation email.
- Wired internet connection (with enough bandwidth to load a video without buffering)
- Google Chrome browser to run Google Meet
- Projector/screen or display plan for the incoming video from presenters
- Speakers for incoming audio from presenters
- Microphone (internal to computer or external)