Since 2009, Ocean Exploration Trust has established partnerships to develop and implement education resources and programs that
- inspire young audiences to be lifelong learners and pursue interests, education, and careers in STEM
- provide educators with engaging professional development opportunities and increase their capacity to use OET-produced curricular materials effectively
- provide hands-on professional training and vocational development for students advancing through STEM-focused degrees and career exploration
OET education programs include the STEM Learning Modules, the Digital Resource Library, STEM Academy professional development workshops, Nautilus Ambassador Program, Honors Research Program, Science & Engineering Internship Program, and Science Communication Fellowship. To learn more about the suite of education resources, please see the Ocean Exploration Trust Education Program Overview.
This robust collection of resources is currently available to our growing network of educators in locations participating in OET’s Community STEM Program, and to educators selected for the Science Communication Fellowship or Nautilus Ambassador Program.
- If you are a Community STEM Program educator, you can access our education materials by signing up at www.oet.org/stem
- If you are interested in sponsoring OET’s education resources in your community, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Educational Activities
The need to increase interest and literacy in STEM fields among students and the broader public inspires the Ocean Exploration Trust to find new ways to share E/V Nautilus expeditions and discoveries with global audiences.
Our team is eager to help audiences around the world engage in our mission of global ocean exploration as you join us during our longest expedition season yet -- 6 months of exploration from Canada to Mexico. We've designed these activities to help you learn and to enhance your experience exploring the seafloor. Revisit this site often to find new activities!
- Nautilus Live Bingo -- Exploration game for explorers of all ages while watching Nautilus Live
- Learn to Log -- Logging activity for students to collect their own data during E/V Nautilus missions
- Deep Sea Coloring Pages -- Favorite ocean exploration creatures and sightings ready for coloring
- Spanish Language Exploration Glossary -- Exploration and technology terms, en español
- OpenExplorer Initiative -- Join the Nautilus community in exploring local waterways with OpenROVs
Let us know how you’re joining the Nautilus team by writing in questions during our live dives on www.NautilusLive.org or by posting pictures to social media with #NautilusLive. Follow @EVNautilus on Twitter for live dive alerts and expedition highlights!